The latest Micromodels news.
- A Promotion coupon “A present for schoolboys” was found on eBay. Micromodels was asking schoolboys to recommend a local shop that should stock Micromodels.
- Some American distributors are added to the History page:
Jenid Imports, Storm Company, Vintage Models and Myles Mandell.
- Origin of the Metal Display Stand: This display stand was designed by the Storm Company of Minneapolis
- The Historical Model Railway Society (HMRS) purchased the John Skinley Drawing collection in late 2015. This collection includes all products made and designed by Modelcraft Ltd., ERG, JT Hill and John A. Skinley.
- The history of Modelcraft from 1959 to 2015 has been updated.
- A fourth copy of the very rare Bluebird showed up.
This one has no garage name printed on it.
- A model of a section of New York City showed up. The model was designed by the Dutch publisher Little Cities in 2003.
- A new publisher has been discovered: Paper Model Mini.
This is a Japanese publisher with Japan based miniature paper models.
- The search function is finally in the English language (see top right on every page) . Now I know how to change this in English it is sooo simple to do 🙂
- The Kardcraft page is updated with some new information about Kardcraft.
Also three road vehicles are discovered:
- Open Top Double Deck Bus K Type 1919
- Wallis & Stevens “Simplicity” Steam Roller 1927
- “Mighty Atom” Foden Steam Tractor 1932
- The Database has been completed !!!. It contains 192 pages jam-packed with information, and has nearly 1050 pictures.
- Two new models have been issued by Micromodels London. They will become available this month.
- MM 49 Ishtar Gate
- MM 50 Buckingham-Palast. You can build the front part of the Buckingham Palace, which is visible from the street.
The models are well drawn, and not too difficult to build.
- Work has started on the Modelcraft database. The Micromodels database is complete!
- A card “With Compliments” with the name of the Dutch agent from Model Engineering.
- A Dutch folder from Model Engineering.
- An advertisement from Broadway Approvals called “Micromodel Kits“. It was placed in the magazine Model Railway Constructor in 1958.
- A picture of a metal Display Stand showed up. Twelve different models can be displayed.
- A Showcard with the packet artwork of Six Little Ships and Galleons was mounted atop of the Display Stand.
- Three models have been reprinted by Micromodels London :
- Autocraft also issued some reproductions:
- LS III Lineside Features, Terminal Station
- AC New York Central and Victorian Railways (Australia)
- BD Breakdown Train
- C II Royal South African Train
- F II Santa Fé & Wm Crooks
- AV V Flying Boats. This is in fact set H1 which was published by Modelcraft in 1944. Autocraft changed the name Modelcraft at the bottom of the wrapper in Micromodels Ltd. London. This is not correct, because Micromodels Ltd. never issued this model.
The set features two models: Short Sunderland and Consolidated Catalina.
-update 13-5: The Micromodels Calender 2017 has been reprinted. 50 pieces have been printed, so that makes a total of 100 pieces.
-update: many additions to the Autocraft / D.G.Models page.
March 2017: Database
Work has started on the Database.
February 2017: search function
A long awaited feature has been implemented in the website: a search function.
Look in the top of the screen for the Dutch word “zoeken”.
We hope to get this term translated in English.
January 2017: MicromodelsUSA published some nice Micromodels.
In the past years some nice new Micromodels from MicromodelsUSA appeared.
Some models that Geoffrey Heighway planned but never issued, like the beautiful set TR 2 London Trams.
Other interesting models, which are of their own design, are:
- ARC XXXV Old London Phone Boxes
- ARC XXXVI St. George’s Chapel
- AV 6 Catalina Flying Boat
- AV 7 Boeing B-17 & Messerschmidt ME-163
- XXII Nautilus
January 2017: London Papers Ltd. has published a Micromodels Encyclopedia.
The English publisher London Papers Ltd. has published a Micromodels Encyclopedia. This encyclopedia contains four books.
These books contain the models with cards printed on high quality cardboard. Also the history and other interesting information about Micromodels Ltd. is reviewed.
January 2017: Micromodels London Ltd. publishes a variety of Micromodels.
December 2016: New models from D.G. Models
D.G. Models has published four Micromodels. Some are new models, some are redesigned Micromodels.
The new models are Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Little Moreton Hall.
December 2016: relaunch of the website World of Micromodels
The old website www.worldofmicromodels.com was cancelled because we went to a new webhost with a new website builder.
On december 1, 2016 work on the revised website started.
The new website’s name is worldofmicromodels.nl
One of the new features will be a search function.
The website is also optimized for the use of tablets and smartphones.
It will take a while before the website is complete again. A lot of work has to be done, because all the web pages, including the Database have to be rebuilt.